Friday, May 16, 2008

laundry day! bathing day!











from may to november, the water hole at neiafu-tai is a pretty popular spot. (acutally its pretty popular year round, but esp. during the dry season.) believe it or not we have an incredibly dry month of april and may, and for some families, the water in the water tank is strictly for drinking from here until rainy season. this means that everyone and their mother is at the bathing hole doing laundry, bathing, or just enjoying some fun in the sun! (not really) these pools are a mixture of sea water and natural spring water. the small one is much better for bathing, but as you can see, it gets compromised rather quickly with detergent. here are some pics of some women doing their laundry at the water. my beautiful girlfriend, about to do her laundry, and also my g/f and her little brother playing with other kids in the pool. the view is unbeatable here. sometimes i go here just to sit and watch the ocean from the rocks. sunsets are amazing. this also gives you a front row seat to watch the fisherman going out to sea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Benj!! This is your cousin Lacey, writing you from Washington and Lee High School, where I have been filling in for a teacher on maternity leave.

I dont know if you heard, but I broke my tibia and fibula bones right above the ankle. Then I had to have surgery to correct the bones. I have two 3" screws in the bigger of the two bones, and a plate with six 1/4" screws in the little bone.

Anyway, this happened about 3 months ago. Since I could not really get a job, because I could not drive, I started subbing here. Mom would drop me off in the morning, and Mrs. Markwith would take me home.

Only two more days of school left after today (6/6/8). I heard that Michael Clark is going to be teaching math here next year...and coaching baseball of coarse.

Did you hear that Cole got his liscence taken away already? for six months. He was down in King William at a mud bog or tractor pull or something country like that, and was walking around drinking a bud light bottle. He was approached by two undercover cops, and got an underage possesion of alcohol ticket. Isnt that crazy they can take your liscence away for that?

Mom and Dad are well. They have the same old ruitine.. work, jeopardy, dinner, bed. Except every Wednesday they go to Ferebee's after Mom goes to yoga. And Fridays they go to Dockside in Colonial Beach for drinks and music.

Carlin, Cole, and I are all living at the house until I get a real job and Carlin's house gets built. We also share the house with our five dogs. Brisco, Libby, Molly, Hillary, and Obama. It's a mad house, and the dogs are loved more than me and my siblings. But I cant complain.

Carlin has gotten into cycling lately. He has actually lost some weight and is looking more healthy, but it is still halarious to see him in his tight black compression shorts and highlighter yellow spandex shirt with those "click in" shoes. HAHA. I wish I could send you the picture of him that I took with my phone. It is hysterical.

Anyway.. your girlfriend is very pretty! Are you going to bring her to visit your family in the states? Or are you just going to stay in Samoa forever?

I've been keeping up with the blogs. I was hoping that the tanks were to house sharks at first.. just because that would be more exciting. That is a pretty incredible thing that you are helping with--helping everyone to have a fresh water supply. So the water in the tanks comes striclty from the rain? I guess there probably isnt much acid rain in Samao.. or around here. I just always remember Dad telling me not to eat the snow.

The candy necklace graduation is my favorite blog entry so far though. I love those things. I used to get them at the skating rink. hehe.


Well, my class is about to be here. We all miss you. I'll try to write more often. Bye!